The Asan Forum Volume 3, Number 3
The Asan Forum is a bimonthly journal for in-depth interpretation of rapid changes across the Asia-Pacific region. The Asan Forum provides a platform for world renowned experts to voice their opinion on pressing issues in the region. The hardcopy is $14.95 and 16,000 KRW. The PDF files can be downloaded at http://www.theasanforum.org/.
About the Editor
Gilbert Rozman is the Editor-in-Chief of the Asan Forum. He is also an Associate Faculty member in the East Asian Studies department of Princeton University and Musgrave Professor of Sociology. He specializes in Northeast Asian societies and has compared them, most recently concentrating on national identities. His recent books include: Chinese Strategic Thought toward Asia, U.S. Leadership, History and Bilateral Relations in Northeast Asia, Northeast Asia’s Stunted Regionalism: Bilateral Distrust in the Shadow of Globalization and East Asian National Identities: Common Roots and Chinese Exceptionalism. He received his Ph.D. from Princeton University and B.A. from Carleton College.
Table of Contents
1) Special Forum: South Korea’s Foreign Policy Options
2) Open Forum
3) National Commentaries: Reading Abe’s Washington Visit
4) Alternative Scenarios 1: The Sino-Russian-North Korean Northern Triangle
5) Alternative Scenarios 2: US-China Military-to-Military Relations in 2015
6) Country Reports: South Korea, Japan, Russia, China
7) Review Articles