The Asan Nuclear Forum 2013
Securing the Peace and Stability of the Peninsula and Beyond
In the wake of North Korea’s 3rd nuclear test and the ever-changing security environment in the region, the Asan Institute for Policy Studies is hosting the Asan Nuclear Forum 2013 on Feb. 19th (Tues) – 20th (Wed) at the Grand Hyatt Hotel in Seoul.
North Korea conducted its 3rd nuclear test on Feb. 12th. The nuclear provocation by the North is threatening the peace and security of the Korean Peninsula, East Asia and the rest of the world.
In order to address this pressing issue, approximately 300 leading nuclear policy experts from around 30 countries will come together in Seoul for the Asan Nuclear Forum 2013.
The Asan Nuclear Forum 2013 will feature 4 plenary sessions and 18 panels that will cover topics such as nuclear North Korea, nonproliferation, peaceful use of nuclear energy, nuclear security, energy security, nuclear safety after the Fukushima nuclear disaster, Iran’s nuclear program, and nuclear spent fuel and waste management.
This year’s keynote speaker will be Dr. Robert Gallucci, the president of the John D. and Catherine T. MacArthur Foundation and the former US State Department special envoy to deal with the threat posed by the proliferation of ballistic missiles and weapons of mass destruction. The closing dinner speech will be delivered by Mr. Luis Echávarri, director-general, OECD Nuclear Energy Agency.
For Press Registration and Interview Requests Please Contact,
Ms.Minhee Lee (02-3701-7377 / firstname.lastname@example.org)
The Asan Nuclear Forum 2013 Website: www.asannuclearforum.org
Live Streaming on the 19th and 20th: www.ustream.tv/channel/asaninst
– Principal Deputy Chief for Nuclear Safety and Technical, the US Department of Energy
– Director-General, OECD Nuclear Energy Agency
– Chancellor, the Australian National University, Former Australian Foreign Minister
– Ambassador, Mission of Chile to the UN
– Secretary-General, China Arms Control and Disarmament Association
– Professor, Stanford University
– Executive Director, Harvard’s Belfer Center for Science and International Affairs, Former White House Coordinator for Arms Control, the Weapons of Mass Destruction and Terrorism
Mushahid Hussain Sayed
– Senator and Chairman, Senate Committee on Defense & Defense Production, Senate of Pakistan
– Professor, Renmin University of China
– Senior Fellow for Korea Studies, Council on Foreign Relations
– Senior Fellow and Director, Proliferation Prevention Program, Center for Strategic and International Studies (CSIS)
– Vice Chairman, Japan Atomic Energy Commission