- April 9, 2015
- Ms Heesun Kim
* For Immediate Release
The Asan Plenum 2015, “Is the U.S. Back?”
– April 28-29, the Grand Hyatt Hotel, Seoul
The Asan Institute for Policy Studies will host the Asan Plenum 2015
on April 28(Tue.) – 29(Wed.) at the Grand Hyatt Hotel in Seoul.
Pulitzer Prize-winning journalist Karen Elliott House will deliver the keynote address, and Foreign Affairs Minister Yun Byung-se will present the welcoming dinner speech.
The Conference will bring together distinguished experts, policymakers, scholars, and members of the media including:
– Sydney Seiler, Special Envoy for Six-Party Talks, U.S. Department of State
– James Steinberg, Former Deputy Secretary of State
– Bruce Bennett, Senior Defense Analyst, RAND Corporation
– Alexis Dudden, Professor, University of Connecticut
– H.R.H. Prince Turki Al Faisal, Chairman, King Faisal Center for Research and Islamic Studies
– Salam Fayyad, Former Prime Minister, Palestine
– Guy Sorman, Editor, Manhattan Institute for Policy Research
The Plenum will feature four plenary sessions and 12 panels over two days.
The topics of the plenary sessions are 1) Is the U.S. Back? 2) Limits of U.S. Power? 3) G2 or G1? U.S.-China Relations 4) Korean Peninsula: The End Game.
* Pls. be advised that only credentialed members of the press who RSVPed by April 17th to email@example.com with details including name, affiliation, and mobile number will be granted for attendance due to security reasons.
* Kindly refer ‘Appendix 2’ for Interview Requests with speakers and it should be sent to aforementioned communications department.
* All sessions will be conducted in English but simultaneous interpretation will be available in sessions held in the grand ballroom I & II.
* For participants list, panel descriptions, and up-to-date information, please visit our website at www.asanplenum.org.