RELEASE EMBARGO DATE: April 28, 2015 at 9:00 AM
1) IS the result of failed states and a radicalized Muslim identity.
2) IS used as a proxy by Turkey, which enhances its capabilities.
3) IS-type organizations will spread in the MENA region.
4) The appropriate strategy is not state building, but military attrition.
5) After all, terror is the weapon of the weak.
6) Nuclear terror is the main challenge.
The views expressed herein do not necessarily reflect the views of the Asan Institute for Policy Studies.